Careers at HAWS
Work for the “HAWS Cause!”
Applications can be obtained at:
701 Northview Road, Waukesha, WI 53188
Send resumes to:
Executive Director, P.O. Box 834, Waukesha, WI 53187-0834
When HAWS has an opening for employment, job descriptions are posted below. We look for individuals who have knowledge and experience with animals, are cooperative team players and interested in helping the shelter grow and develop. Our policy is to accept applications for open positions only. Please check often for new employment opportunities!
HAWS Open Positions:
Posted: May 23, 2017
Veterinary Reception / Assistant – Part Time
An exciting part-time opportunity exists in our newly expanded Spay/Neuter clinic. The ideal candidate will enjoy interactions with people as well as animals, thrive in a fast paced environment and work well as part of a team of professionals.
Hours are flexible and part time; also fill-in as needed. HAWS’ SNIP clinic is open Monday through Friday; currently no weekend hours are required.
- Receptionist (phones, scheduling, cash handling, data entry)
- Veterinary assistant (preparing animals for veterinary procedures, restraining animals and assisting with exams, all patient care to keep animals comfortable, clean and safe)
- Maintenance and janitorial duties
- Requires a High School diploma.
- Veterinary Technician Certification preferred; appropriate work experience in veterinary surgical setting required.
- Requires contact with the public that involves a high degree of courtesy.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Requires ability to efficiently and accurately enter data on a variety of software platforms.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and under noisy conditions.
- Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds and work on feet for long periods of time as the nature of the duties is animal handling and maintenance of animal quarters.
Please submit resume via email to [email protected].