Careers at HAWS
Work for the “HAWS Cause!”
Applications can be obtained at:
701 Northview Road, Waukesha, WI 53188
Send resumes to:
P.O. Box 834, Waukesha, WI 53187-0834
When HAWS has an opening for employment, job descriptions are posted below. We look for individuals who have knowledge and experience with animals, are cooperative team players and interested in helping the shelter grow and develop. Our policy is to accept applications for open positions only.
Please check often for new employment opportunities!
HAWS Open Positions:
UPDATED: January 13, 2020
HAWS is looking to hire a permanent, full time Animal Caretaker. Must be available either Saturday and/or Sunday every week. Full time position will require driving duties. Hours fall in the range of 7:00am – 7:00pm, Monday through Friday; 7:00am – 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday. Full time schedule is four (4), 10 hour days.
These positions are perfect for animal lovers who enjoy an active environment. Job duties include feeding, walking, cleaning of animal quarters, building maintenance chores; some animal grooming, vaccinations, and administration of medication. The qualified candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic and energetic. Must be able to work with all species of domestic animals and some wildlife. Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds and work safely on slippery surfaces in an active kennel environment. Must hold a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires contact with the public that involves a high degree of courtesy.
- Requires ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and under noisy conditions on slippery surfaces.
- Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds and work on feet for long periods of time as the nature of the duties is animal handling and maintenance of animal quarters.
- Required to have a clean driving record and be insurable (full time).
Reports directly to Kennel Managers and Shelter Director.
Submit application and/or resume to Shelter Director.