Dealing with Disconnect presented by Hannah Brannigan
- Speakers: Hannah Brannigan
- Dates: May 18 & 19, 2019
- Seminar Topic: Dealing with Disconnect
- To be held at: Western Waukesha County Dog Training Club W1314 Cedar Drive Ixonia, WI 53036
- Registration Fees: TBD
- More Information Contact: Khris Erickson 262-542-8851 x118
- CEUs: Pending
Check back for additional information. We hope to open registration for this event by October 1, 2018.
Click here to a link with information about hotels in the area.
Dealing with Disconnect
We have all had dogs that “checked out” on us during a training session, or worse, during a performance or competition. A disconnected dog may mentally or physically leave the training session by spacing out, lagging, sniffing, going visiting, getting the “zoomies,” or worse, outright fleeing the scene. In this workshop, we will discuss the different faces of disconnection and possible causes. We will explore and practice techniques and exercises for prevention, as well as strategies for what to do when your dog “checks out.”
• What does it look like?
• Why does it happen?
• What to do when the wheels come off
• Useful skills for your toolbox
• Managing access to reinforcers
• Developing a routine
• Putting distractions on cue