HAWS' Wish List
HAWS’ Wish Lists contain things we use on a daily basis to keep our shelter running smoothly. The Featured Needs section below will change when we have an urgent need, and items will be removed when we have an adequate supply.
You can download a complete list here: 2020_HAWS_Wish_List
Letting your fingers to the shopping?
HAWS has created our very own WISH LISTS on Amazon.com so you can let your fingers do the shopping. These lists contain some of our most frequently used items – and we update them regularly. And be sure to use www.smile.amazon.com – HAWS receives a donation for your purchase through the Amazon Smiles program!
#MILKMONEY for HAWS!
Kitten Season is EVERY SEASON at HAWS. Check the link to our Amazon Wish List for easy ways to purchase/send items, or log on to our Facebook fundraiser every March to make an easy online donation! Thanks from all the tiny feline paws at HAWS.
SEND IT STRAIGHT TO HAWS!
If you use Amazon or another mail-order company to purchase supplies for HAWS, save yourself the travel and have it shipped directly to the shelter! Not that we don’t want to see you – sometimes a donation drop is a great excuse to stop by…so we’re all for that, too.
HAWS MAILING ADDRESS:
HAWS Supply Donation
701 Northview Road
Waukesha, WI 53188
Updated 3/2020 – PLEASE ALSO SEE HAWS’ AMAZON WISH LIST!
GENERAL: Pens. Pens. Pens. Pens. PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cat items – KMR Kitten formula, dry Kitten food, kitten nursery supplies; canned Cat Food, grain free preferred; Cat litter, UNSCENTED ONLY, clumping or non-clumping
Dog items – Slip leads, 4-6 ft. length
Cleaning products – Hand Sanitizer, Clorox Wipes, Swiffer Sweeping Cloths (unscented), Q-tips, Cotton Balls, Dish Soap, Magic Erasers, Band Aids
Peanut Butter – natural, not containing xylitol please!
- Soft dog treats – Zuke’s, Pupperoni (Please no Beggin’ Strips or other bacon shaped treats)
Small Animal Ward
- Grass hay – Timothy/Orchard/Meadow
- Paper-based bedding/litter – Carefresh, Yesterday’s News
- Aspen bedding or kiln-dried pine (no regular pine or cedar, please)
- Woodstove pellets
- Oxbow brand foods – Bunny Basics T, Regal Rat, Cavy Cuisine, hamster/gerbil
- Rat/mouse solid block food
- Wood House Timber Hideaway or Woodland Getaways – medium/large
- Fresh leafy green veggies – parsley/cilantro/lettuce (no iceberg, please)
Behavior / Training
- Painter’s tape
- Cow’s ears
- Hot dogs – all beef/turkey
- String cheese
- “Happy Howie” or Natural Balance meat rolls
- Baskerville Basket Muzzles (any size)
- 30-50ft. Long lines
- Animal Sticker Sheets/Rolls
- Crayola Model Magic
General Supplies – Cleaning/Kennel/Office
- Distilled water
- White AND colored copy paper
- White-out correction tape
- Stamps – “Forever” stamps preferred
- Toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex
- 6″ white paper plates (please no styrofoam!)
We realize that many of the things we desperately need are not always the “fun” things, but they are truly important items! Things like soap and bleach are always needed to keep the animals healthy, and adoptions can’t happen without paper for the adoption records and certificates.
LOVIN’ FROM THE OVEN
Interested in a baking project for HAWS? Download this recipe for Salmon Treats – our canine residents will love them!
“MADE IN CHINA”?
In light of the many recent pet food/treat recalls, we respectfully request donations to HAWS do not contain “imported” ingredients or be made in China. Thank you for understanding as we try to keep our shelter animals safe!