HAWS' Wish List
HAWS’ Wish List contains things we use on a daily basis to keep our shelter running smoothly. The Featured Needs section below will change when we have an urgent need, and items will be removed when we have an adequate supply.
You can download a complete list here: 2019_HAWS_Wish_List
Letting your fingers to the shopping?
HAWS has created our very own WISH LIST on Amazon.com so you can let your fingers do the shopping. This contains some of our most frequently used items – and we update it regularly. And be sure to use www.smile.amazon.com – HAWS receives a donation for your purchase through the Amazon Smiles program! (Since some of these items are “special” to the various areas of HAWS, please let our staff know which department your donation is for.)
#MILKMONEY for HAWS!
Kitten Season is EVERY SEASON at HAWS. Check the link to our Amazon Wish List for easy ways to purchase/send items, or log on to our Facebook fundraiser every March to make an easy online donation! Thanks from all the tiny feline paws at HAWS.
SPECIAL FOR THE 2019 HOLIDAY SEASON:
We have created a list of items we’d like for the holidays!
See the flyer above, and log on to
HAWS Holiday Gift Ideas List on Amazon.com.
SEND IT STRAIGHT TO HAWS!
If you use Amazon or another mail-order company to purchase supplies for HAWS, save yourself the travel and have it shipped directly to the shelter! Not that we don’t want to see you – sometimes a donation drop is a great excuse to stop by…so we’re all for that, too.
HAWS MAILING ADDRESS:
HAWS Supply Donation
701 Northview Road
Waukesha, WI 53188
Updated 11/20/2019 – PLEASE ALSO SEE HAWS’ AMAZON WISH LIST!
Cat items – KMR Kitten formula, dry Kitten food, kitten nursery supplies; canned Cat Food, grain free preferred; Cat litter, UNSCENTED ONLY, clumping or non-clumping
Dog items – Slip leads, 4-6 ft. length
1-2 Can openers
Cleaning products – CLOROX WIPES, Q-tips, Cotton Balls, Dish Soap, Magic Erasers, Band Aids
Peanut Butter – natural, not containing xylitol please!
- Soft dog treats – Zuke’s, Pupperoni (Please no Beggin’ Strips or other bacon shaped treats)
- Canned dog food – grain-free preferred
- Canned puppy food – Iams/Nutro preferred, grain-free preferred
- Limited slip/Martingale collars
Behavior / Training
- Painter’s tape
- Pig’s ears
- Hot dogs – all beef/turkey
- String cheese
- “Happy Howie” meat rolls (available at End of the Leash)
- Baskerville Basket Muzzles (any size)
- Slip leads (4-6 ft.)
Small Animal Ward
- Grass hay – Timothy/Orchard/Meadow
- Paper-based bedding/litter – Carefresh, Yesterday’s News
- Aspen bedding or kiln-dried pine (no regular pine or cedar, please)
- Woodstove pellets
- Oxbow brand foods – Bunny Basics T, Regal Rat, Cavy Cuisine, hamster/gerbil
- Rat/mouse solid block food
- Wood House Timber Hideaway or Woodland Getaways – medium/large
- Fresh leafy green veggies – parsley/cilantro/lettuce (no iceberg, please)
- Animal Sticker Sheets/Rolls
- Crayola Model Magic
- Paper towel – rolls
- Plastic Forks
General Supplies – Cleaning/Kennel/Office
- Distilled water
- White AND colored copy paper
- White-out correction tape
- Stamps – “Forever” stamps preferred
- Bleach, dryer sheets
- Toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex
- 6″ white paper plates (please no styrofoam!)
- Scrub Sponges (Scotch Brite variety)
- Zip-lock sandwich bags
- Zip-lock snack bags
- Wax paper
We realize that many of the things we desperately need are not always the “fun” things, but they are truly important items! Things like soap and bleach are always needed to keep the animals healthy, and adoptions can’t happen without paper for the adoption records and certificates.
LOVIN’ FROM THE OVEN
Interested in a baking project for HAWS? Download this recipe for Salmon Treats – our canine residents will love them!
“MADE IN CHINA”?
In light of the many recent pet food/treat recalls, we respectfully request donations to HAWS do not contain “imported” ingredients or be made in China. Thank you for understanding as we try to keep our shelter animals safe!