HAWS' Wish List
HAWS’ Wish List contains things we use on a daily basis to keep our shelter running smoothly. The Featured Needs section below will change when we have an urgent need, and items will be removed when we have an adequate supply.
You can download a complete list here: HAWS Wish List
Letting your fingers to the shopping?
HAWS has created our very own WISH LIST on Amazon.com so you can let your fingers do the shopping. This contains some of our most frequently used items – and we’ll update it regularly. And be sure to use www.smile.amazon.com – HAWS receives a donation for your purchase through the Amazon Smiles program!
Since some of these items are “special” to the various areas of HAWS, please let our staff know which department your donation is for!
Please check back often for updates.
SEND IT STRAIGHT TO HAWS!
If you use Amazon or another mail-order company to purchase supplies for HAWS, save yourself the travel and have it shipped directly to the shelter!
Not that we don’t want to see you – sometimes a donation drop is a great excuse to stop by…so we’re all for that, too 😉
HAWS MAILING ADDRESS:
Attn: Supply Donation
701 Northview Road
Waukesha, WI 53188
Cat items – KMR kitten formula (powdered), washable soft toys, wand toys (pls. no feathers)
Dog items – Grain free CANNED food, plastic/rubber chew toys, squeaky toys (washable), STURDY medium-to-large rawhides (American made, pls.!)
Cleaning products – Magic Erasers (see Amazon Wish List!), liquid hand soap (smaller, pump containers)
Peanut Butter – natural, not containing xylitol please!
- Soft dog treats – like Pupperoni (Please no Beggin’ Strips or other bacon shaped treats)
- Canned dog food – any brand, grain-free preferred
- Canned puppy food – Iams/Nutro preferred, grain-free preferred
- Limited slip/Martingale collars
- Kong toys – medium, large, XL
• Heating pads (without auto shut off)
• Snuggle Safe microwaveable heating pad (Amazon Link)
• Dry kitten food, dry/canned cat food – grain-free preferred
• Grain free canned cat/kitten food
• Cat toys – glitter balls and plush balls
Behavior / Training
- Painter’s tape
- Pig’s ears
- Hot dogs – all beef/turkey
- String cheese
- “Happy Howie” meat rolls (available at End of the Leash)
- “Long” lines – 15, 25, 50 ft.
Small Animal Ward
- Grass hay – Timothy/Orchard/Meadow
- Paper-based bedding/litter – Carefresh, Yesterday’s News
- Aspen bedding or kiln-dried pine (no regular pine or cedar, please)
- Woodstove pellets
- Oxbow brand foods – Bunny Basics T, Regal Rat, Cavy Cuisine, hamster/gerbil
- Rat/mouse solid block food
- Wood House Timber Hideaway or Woodland Getaways – medium/large
- Fresh leafy green veggies – parsley/cilantro/lettuce (no iceberg, please)
- Washable markers
- Elmer’s Glue
- Glue Sticks
- Animal Sticker Sheets/Rolls
- Crayola Model Magic
- Paper towel – rolls
General Supplies – Cleaning/Kennel/Office
- Distilled water
- White AND colored copy paper
- White-out correction tape
- Post-It Notes – all sizes
- Stamps – “Forever” stamps preferred
- Bleach, dryer sheets
- Toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex
- 6″ white paper plates
- Scrub Sponges (Scotch Brite variety)
- Zip-lock sandwich bags
We realize that many of the things we desperately need are not always the “fun” things, but they are truly important items! Things like soap and bleach are always needed to keep the animals healthy, and adoptions can’t happen without paper for the adoption records and certificates.
LOVIN’ FROM THE OVEN
Interested in a baking project for HAWS? Download this recipe for Salmon Treats – our canine residents will love them!
“MADE IN CHINA”?
In light of the many recent pet food/treat recalls, we respectfully request donations to HAWS do not contain “imported” ingredients or be made in China. Thank you for understanding as we try to keep our shelter animals safe!