Join HAWS in Making a Difference in the Lives of Animals
The concerned citizens that came together to form HAWS in 1965 had the goal of creating a safe haven for homeless and stray companion animals of the Waukesha County area. Using a combination of contributions and community spirit, they began a legacy of caring that continues today. As a private, non-profit organization, HAWS receives no federal, state or local tax funding. Donors, corporate sponsors and importantly, members, make the difference in keeping HAWS alive. Join HAWS and help us achieve our goal of finding loving, permanent homes for all the pets of our community.
“One person can make a difference and every person should try.”
~ John F. Kennedy
Membership in HAWS demonstrates your commitment to ending animal cruelty and neglect, reducing pet overpopulation, educating our community about its responsibility for its animals and eliminating the euthanasia of healthy, adoptable animals in Waukesha county. Use the online form here, or call our office at 262-542-8851, x127 for personal service.
Why Become a Member of HAWS?
Your membership helps fund HAWS’ vital programs and services, in addition to fulfilling our vital mission.
- Providing food, housing, veterinary care, socialization and behavior training for the animals that come to our shelter for re-homing, including work with our life-saving Mod Squad.
- Supporting foster care for animals who are ill, injured or too young for adoption.
- HAWS’ Spay-Neuter Initiative Program (SNIP) performs surgeries for HAWS’ adoptables, breed rescue pets and low-income households in our area, while also giving routine and life-saving care as needed.
- Animal Rescue services ensure lost animals are reunited with their owners, while also giving assistance to the area’s wildlife.
- Caring end-of-life services.
- Adoption Counseling – both before and after – to ensure a proper match and a successful adopter/pet relationship.
- Humane Education serving all ages with pet training classes and 1-on-1 sessions in animal care and behavior, on- and off-site learning for children and adult groups, Kids ‘N Critters Day Camps and Kids Clubs.
- Mobile Adoption Center visits to area businesses, pet fairs, festivals and expos, reach our community with the message of responsible pet ownership.
Offline Membership Form
If you prefer, download your membership form here and send along with your payment to:
PO Box 834
Waukesha, WI 53187-0834