HAWS' Wish List
HAWS’ Wish List contains things we use on a daily basis to keep our shelter running smoothly. The Featured Needs section below will change when we have an urgent need, and items will be removed when we have an adequate supply.
You can download a complete list here: WISHLIST_Updated_6-2016
Letting your fingers to the shopping? Be sure to use www.smile.amazon.com – HAWS receives a donation for your purchase through the Amazon Smiles program!
Since some of these items are “special” to the various areas of HAWS, please let our staff know which department your donation is for!
Please check back often for updates.
General: Clorox Wipes, Liquid hand soap (not hand sanitizer)
Cleaning Supplies: Toilet bowl cleaner, Lyme-Away
For Cats: Grain-free food (dry & canned), Washable soft toys, Wand toys (pls. no feathers – don’t withstand washing), cat/kitten slicker brushes, fleece blankets (no-sew, sewn, quilted) size ~30″ x 26″
For Dogs: Pill Pockets, PUPPY PADS, Dry puppy food (Iams, Nutro or any type of grain-free preferred), LARGE rawhides (made in the USA), Plastic/rubber chew toys/squeaky toys (washable)
- Baby food – meat varieties
- Soft dog treats – like Pupperoni (Please no Beggin’ Strips or other bacon shaped treats)
- Canned/dry dog food – any brand, grain-free preferred
- Canned/dry puppy food – Iams/Nutro preferred, grain-free preferred
- LARGE rawhide bones and chews
- Limited slip/Martingale collars
- Kong toys – medium, large, XL
- Pill Pockets
PLEASE DO NOT DONATE DRY BISCUITS – WE CURRENTLY HAVE PLENTY!
• Kitten feeding bottles
• Heating pads (without auto shut off)
• Snuggle Safe microwaveable heating pad (Amazon Link)
• Dry kitten food, dry/canned cat food – grain-free preferred
• Kitten formula – KMR, other powdered varieties
• Cat litter – clay, unscented preferred
• Cat toys – glitter balls and plush balls
• Catnip – dried, fresh or purchased
Behavior / Training
- Painter’s tape
- Wet Ones/baby wipes (not Clorox wipes)
- Pig’s ears
- Hot dogs – all beef/turkey
- String cheese
- Baby food – meat varieties
- “Happy Howie” meat rolls (available at End of the Leash)
- “Long” lines – 15, 25, 50 ft.
- Catnip “bubbles” (catnip-enfused oils)
Small Animal Ward
- Small rugs
- Grass hay – Timothy/Orchard/Meadow
- Paper-based bedding/litter – Carefresh, Yesterday’s News
- Aspen bedding or kiln-dried pine (no regular pine or cedar, please)
- Woodstove pellets
- Oxbow brand foods – Bunny Basics T, Regal Rat, Cavy Cuisine, hamster/gerbil
- Rat/mouse solid block food
- Wood House Timber Hideaway or Woodland Getaways – medium/large
- Fresh leafy green veggies – parsley/cilantro/lettuce (no iceberg, please)
- Washable markers
- Colored construction paper
- Animal Sticker Sheets/Rolls
- Paper towel – rolls
- Plastic forks
General Supplies – Cleaning/Kennel/Office
- Distilled water
- White AND colored copy paper
- White-out correction tape
- Stamps – “Forever” stamps preferred
- Bleach, dryer sheets
- Toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex
- 6″ white paper plates
- Pens – ballpoint or gel
We realize that many of the things we desperately need are not always the “fun” things, but they are truly important items! Things like soap and bleach are always needed to keep the animals healthy, and adoptions can’t happen without paper for the adoption records and certificates.
LOVIN’ FROM THE OVEN
Interested in a baking project for HAWS? Download this recipe for Salmon Treats – our canine residents will love them!
“MADE IN CHINA”?
In light of the many recent pet food/treat recalls, we respectfully request donations to HAWS do not contain “imported” ingredients or be made in China. Thank you for understanding as we try to keep our shelter animals safe!