Friends of HAWS
Making A Difference
The Friends have evolved into community ambassadors, leading the way with events such as the annual Pet Walkathon and being actively involved in the yearly HAWS fall fundraising gala. Funds are raised through things such as the sale of HAWS apparel, baked goods and crafts and Entertainment Books. The Friends of HAWS are also involved outside the shelter walls, participating in activities organized by HAWS’ community partners and supporters. Maybe you’ve seen our coin boxes on the counter at your favorite local gas station, grocery store or pet supply store?
Get Your Paws on HAWS Gear!
The Friends of HAWS sell several different styles of “HAWS” gear, including t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, fleece vests and more. They are available in many colors and in both the “Adopt 4 Paws from HAWS” classic logo and the newer “single paw” line. You can also “go green” with HAWS’ shopping and cooler bags. Stop by the shelter or come to any Friends’ event to purchase! Gear ranges in price from $3 – $36, all in support of HAWS.
- Spay Neuter Initiative Program (SNIP) Clinic – purchasing equipment for the surgical suite and sponsoring surgical programs such as Project Guardian.
- Humane Education – supporting the Kids ‘N Critters Day Camp, assisting with K’HAWS kids’ club and various seminars.
- Animal Rescue Team – furnishing a new road response van and safety equipment for HAWS animal care and control efforts.
- D.A.R.T. – supporting HAWS’ efforts to train and maintain a local disaster response team.
- General Assistance – volunteering in the HAWS shelter and office and with the Mobile Adoptions program, assisting with facility upkeep and organizing special events.
Any adult in the community interested in the improvement and promotion of the Humane Animal Welfare Society is welcome to join the Friends. Meetings are held at the HAWS shelter on the second Wednesday of each month, at 7:00 p.m. Attendance at these meetings is not mandatory to become involved in the various activities, but it is worth attending for the camaraderie provided with others interested in animal welfare! Questions? Please call the shelter to leave a message for the Friends of HAWS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.