The small group of concerned citizens that came together to form HAWS in 1965 had the goal of creating a safe haven for homeless and stray companion animals of the Waukesha County area. Using a combination of contributions and community spirit, they created a legacy of caring that continues today.
HAWS is a private, non-profit organization. We receive no federal, state or local tax funding. Donors, corporate sponsors and most importantly, members make the difference in keeping HAWS alive. Join HAWS today and help us achieve our goal of finding loving, permanent homes for the pets of our community.
“One person can make a difference and every person should try.”
~ John F. Kennedy
Individual HAWS Memberships are for 12 months and include a personalized membership card, a subscription to our Tattle Tails newsletter and voting privileges at our annual meeting.
Also available are Sustaining Memberships. Sustaining members are automatically charged a monthly fee to their credit card of choice for the 12-month period. Sustaining memberships ensure a continued flow of financial support to HAWS throughout the year.
Support the HAWS Cause with a membership today!
Mail your membership form to: HAWS, PO Box 834, Waukesha, WI 53187-0834.
Why Become a Member of HAWS?
Your membership helps fund HAWS’ vital programs and services, in addition to fulfilling our vital mission:
- Food, housing, veterinary care, socialization and behavior training for the animals that come to our shelter for re-homing, including work with our life-saving Mod Squad.
- Foster care for animals who are ill, injured or too young for adoption.
- Spay-Neuter Initiative Program (SNIP) surgeries for HAWS’ adoptables, breed rescue pets and low-income households in our area.
- Animal Rescue Team rescues of pets in distress in Waukesha County and assistance to the area’s wildlife.
- Reuniting lost animals with their owners.
- Caring end-of-life services.
- Pre- and post-adoption counseling to ensure a proper match and a successful adopter/pet relationship.
- Humane Education serving all ages with pet training classes, seminars and 1-on-1 sessions in animal care and behavior, on- and off-site learning for children and adult groups, Kids ‘N Critters Day Camps and KHAWS Kids Club.
- In partnership with the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Waukesha County, HAWS offers assistance to seniors, their pets and caregivers.
- Mobile Adoption Center visits to area businesses, pet fairs, festivals and expos, which reach out to our community with the message of responsible pet ownership.
Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Animals
Membership in HAWS demonstrates your commitment to ending animal cruelty and neglect, reducing pet overpopulation, educating our community about its responsibility for its animals and eliminating the euthanasia of healthy, adoptable animals in Waukesha county.
Use your credit card to join online or call our office at 262-542-8851 for personal service.
HAWS Individual Memberships
Use the “Donate” button to join online using PayPal.
Use the “Donate” button to join online using Paypal. Sustaining memberships are by credit card only.